Documents and fees required for mvat registration

In previous article we have seen the procedure of MVAT registration. Now let’s see the documents required for
MVAT registration.
1) PAN of Dealer (PAN of partners/directors is also required in case of firm/company)

2) Constitution certificate :-
a) Proprietorship:- Shop Act License / If Shop Act is not applicable – Certificate form Grampanchyat
b) HUF:- No document is required
c) Partnership firm:- Partnership Deed
d) Company :- Certificate of Incorporation issued by registrar of company, MOA and AOA
e) Trust:- Certificate issued by Bombay Public trust
f) Co-operative society:- Certificate issued by concern authority

3) Address proof of Business :-
a) In case of rented property : Rent Agreement/NOC, Electricity bill, Municipal Receipt
b) In case of Own property : Electricity Bill and Municipal tax receipt

4) Proof of resident :-
Any two documents are required as resident proof of proprietor or partners or directors or trustees as the case applicable.
a) Driving license
b) Ration card
c) Passport
d) Electricity Bill
e) Municipal Tax Receipt

5) Resolution in case of company:-
In case of company, the resolution regarding the director is appointed as the signatory on behalf of the company for the purpose of MVAT registration is require. Please click here to get format of such resolution.

6) Introduction letter:-
Introduction letter of other register dealer is required in case of voluntary registration. Alternatively introduction letter can take from practicing chartered accountant or STP. To know the format of introduction letter of other registered dealer refer this article.

7) Fees:-
a)For voluntary registration Rs.5000 is require to pay as registration fees and Rs.25000 as deposit. The fees and deposit can pay online or by demand draft. Demand draft of any nationalized bank should be drawn in favor of “SBI A/C MVAT”
b) Registration fee for compulsory registration is Rs.500. The fees can pay by way of court fees stamp. There is no deposit for compulsory registration.


  1. Ashish says

    Dear Sir,

    I had register for VAT and CST in 2012 and allotted the no. also , Because of Expiry of DD of 25000 it was return to me for submitting the new DD of 25000 but due to some financial problem, i wasn’t submitted it again. Now i want to start the company again. If i will submit the DD of 25000, i can do the business on Same allotted CST and VAT No.

    Please reply….

    • Hemraj says

      Hi Suhas,

      If you are looking for vat registration services. I can provide you the same. After getting vat registration, you existing vat no. need to enroll for Gst. You can proceed with the same.


      Hemraj Sharma

  2. Pallavi Khodse says

    I want to register under voluntary MVAT registration……But from 1st July 2017 GST will be applicable
    Whether I go for VAT registration or wait for GST applicability and then directly apply for GST registration.
    Please suggest….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *