The free of cost e-PAN facility is available on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in for the limited period.
Following are the basic requirements for the application: –
- The applicant already have PAN should not apply for e-PAN.
- This e-PAN facility is available only for resident individual
- Your mobile number should linked with the Aadhhar, so you can get Aadhaar OTP
- e-PAN will be generated using the details of Aadhhar. So applicants should confirm that all details on the Aadhhar is correct.
Following FAQ will give you more idea about this facility.
- What is e-PAN?
Answer: e-PAN is digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format by the Income Tax Department using Aadhaar e-KYC.
- What is Aadhaar based e-KYC for allotment of instant e-PAN?
Answer: Aadhaar based e-KYC (electronic Know Your Customer) is an online service provided by UIDAI for verification of identity and address of Aadhaar holder. Income Tax Department leverages this Aadhaar based e-KYC for instant e-PAN allotment.
- Who can apply for allotment of instant e-PAN through Aadhaar e-KYC?
Answer: This facility is available to individual PAN applicants who have been allotted an Aadhaar number by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and is required to file PAN application in Form 49A being an Indian citizen. Except Minors and others covered u/s 160 of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Can foreign citizens apply for e-PAN using Aadhaar e-KYC?
- Is there any mandatory requirement to apply e-PAN using Aadhaar e-KYC?
Answer: Yes, Valid Aadhaar and mobile number of PAN applicant should be registered with Aadhaar.
- Do you require Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for applying for e-PAN card using Aadhaar e-KYC?
- Do I need to submit the physical copy of KYC application or proof of Aadhaar card
Answer: No, this is a completely paperless facility and everything will be done electronically.
- Do we need to upload scanned photo, signature etc. for e-KYC?
Answer: Only scanned image of applicant’s signature has to be uploaded with the following specifications:- Resolution – 200 DPI Type – Color File type – JPEG Size of the file – Maximum 10 KB Dimension of Signature – 2 cm X 4.5 cm (Only the Signature to be scanned)
- Is there any need to send acknowledgement or any document if an instant ePAN is applied using Aadhaar e-KYC?
- Do I need to do in-person verification (IPV)?
- Whether facility of instant allotment of e-PAN is available for all?
Answer: Facility of allotment of instant e-PAN is not available for minor applicants and other categories of applicants as provided u/s 160 of Income-tax Act, 1961 where ‘Representative assesse’ is appointed by the applicant.
- What is the fee for getting the instant e-PAN card through Aadhaar e-KYC?
Answer: There is no fee for using this facility at present.
- Which are the centers for e-PAN allotment through e-KYC?
Answer: PAN application for instant allotment of e-PAN through Aadhaar e-KYC is allowed only through e-Filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Is e-PAN a valid proof of allotment of PAN?
- How Aadhaar is verified during the process of e-PAN?
Answer: OTP based Aadhaar e-KYC will be carried out.
- What should I do if I haven’t received my OTP?
Answer: You can regenerate OTP by resubmitting the Aadhaar e-KYC.
- How many times OTP can be generated?
Answer: Any number of time.
- During e-KYC, my Aadhaar authentication is rejected. Why? How can this problem be resolved? Who shall be contacted in this case?
Answer: There may be many reasons for rejection of Aadhaar authentication such as wrong OTP, difference between name, gender, date of birth and address fields in PAN application and Aadhaar. Problem can only be solved once there is no difference in PAN application and Aadhaar. Please update the necessary correction in UIDAI.
- First name in Aadhaar is written in initials. But PAN application does not allow initials. Will the e-KYC be successful or will it get rejected. In this scenario, is the taxpayer required to get changes done in Aadhaar?
Answer: Aadhaar e-KYC will get rejected, PAN applicant need to update the changes in Aadhaar.
- Can a different address other than that on the Aadhaar card be selected for dispatch of PAN Card?
Answer: No physical PAN card will be issued, Only e-PAN PDF can be downloaded in e-File portal after successful allotment of PAN.
- How do I check my status of instant PAN application?
Answer: A 15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated when the on-line PAN application is successfully submitted. This 15 digit acknowledgement number can be used check status in e-Filing Portal.
- What is the time duration for receiving the PAN card applied through e-KYC?
Answer: Intimation of allotment of PAN will be given to PAN applicant through SMS and email. e-PAN will be issued in the shortest possible time after allotment of PAN, and can be downloaded through e-Filing portal by providing the acknowledgement number and the O
- What if my mobile number is different from the mobile number registered on UIDAI?
Answer: Please update the active mobile number in Aadhaar and after successful update, apply for e-PAN.
- Can I apply for PAN Card with my inactive Aadhaar Card?