HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUDGET SPEECH DATED 18TH MARCH, 2017 BY HONOURABLE MINISTER (FINANCE, PLANNING & FOREST) SHRI SUDHIR MUNGANTIWAR
- Sugarcane Purchase Tax for the year 2016-17 exempted to give fair and remunerative price to the farmers. The condition regarding export of sugar for exemption for the year 2015-16 is removed.
- VAT exemption to Amsul alongwith exemption to essential commodities like rice, wheat, pulses and its flour and also turmeric, chillies, tamarind, jaggery, coconut, coriander seeds, fenugreek, parsley (suva), papad, wet dates.
- VAT exemption on Solapuri chaddar and towels continues.
- VAT on Geo Membrane required for farm pond reduced from 6% to 0%.
- To examine the fertility of soil for farming, VAT on Soil Testing Kit reduced from 13.5% to 0%.
- VAT on Milk Testing Kit for checking adulteration of milk reduced from 13.5% to 0%.
- VAT on Aviation Turbine Fuel for flights under the Regional Connectivity Scheme reduced from 5% to 1%.
- VAT on Card Swipe Machine for cashless transactions reduced from 13.5% to 0%.
- VAT on Gas and Electric Incinerators reduced from 13.5% to 0%.
Tax concessions to Industries
- VAT exemption on Sweet-Corn processing industry from 1st April 2005 to 31st March 2016.
- VAT exemption on Textile Processing industry from 8th April 2011 to 30th April 2012. Approximately 200 units would benefit.
- VAT exemption on Yarn Sizing and Warping industry from 1st April 2005 to 31st March 2016. Approximately 300 units would benefit.
Increase in Taxes
- VAT rate of 23.08% on MRP of country and foreign liquor increases to 25.93%.
- Tax on weekly lottery increases from Rs.70,000 to Rs.1 lakh.
- Establishment of three new benches of Maharashtra Sales Tax Tribunal.
- VAT appeal 10% part payment necessary subject to maximum payment of Rs.15 cr.
- VAT dues can be recovered from the Directors of private company.
- Profession Tax assessment for unregistered period reduced from eight years to four years.
- Profession Tax responsibility of an agent on the organization appointing the agent.
- Review of fees, fine and court fee amounts under various Acts.
- State ready for the implementation of GST.
- Compensation under GST on the basis of 14% annual growth rate of revenue for the year 2015-16.
- Compensation under GST to be available for Mumbai’s Octroi and Local Body Tax.
- Change in budget presentation-Merger of Plan and Non-Plan
- Agricuture Centric Budget.
- Rs. 8233 Crore provision to Water Resoure Department.
- Micro Irrigation Project for Yavatmal and Werdha District using Istrail Technology provision Rs. 100 Crore.
- Substantial provision of Rs. 979 Crore to conpencent backlog of Agri Pumps and inplementation of Infrastructure Plan-2.
- Rs. 200 Crore got Pilot poject of group furming to improce agri production.
- World Bank porject of Rs. 400 Crore “ Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjivani ” for Marathwada and Vidharbha.
- Government Comitade to work to make farmers debt free.
- Training to 1 Lakh Twenty two thousund youths under “ Pramod Mahajan Skill Development Programme ”.
- Mason traing for 10 Thousund masons.
- Rs. 200 Cr. for establishment Sainik School at Chandrapur.
- Rs. 7000 Cr. for Roads
- First corporate major Port at Vadhavan District Palghar.
- Rs. 525 Cr. for Solar Energy Project.
- Rs. 2,650 Cr. to stat Industries in backward areas.
- Rs. 1,870 Cr. to basic facilities in urban area.
- Rs. 1,605 Cr. for Health and Environment programmes in Urban area.
- Rs. 7,230 Cr. for Schedule Castes welfare.
- Rs. 6,754 Cr. for Schedule Tribes welfare.
- Rs. 1,884 Cr. for Sanjay Gandhi Yojana.
- Rs. 200 Cr. each to Annasaheb Patil and other Bakward Class Corporation and Rs. 50 Cr. to Shamrao Pege Corporation.
- Rs. 310.57 Cr. for nutrition programme of Anganwadi children.
- Rs. 679.53 Cr. to strengthening of judiciary.
- Establishment of “ Mahainfra ” Special purpose vehicle for Infrastructure project.
- Establishment of Marathwada Water Grid to beat drought situations.
- Rs. 1100 Cr. for Maharashtra Suwarnjaunti Nagarothan.
- Rs. 1600 Cr. for Smart City.
- Rs. 1800 Cr. for Amrut Schime.
- Rs. 1605 Cr. for Swatch Bharat.
- Rs. 710 Cr. for Mumbai Pune and Nagpur Metros.
- Upgradation of Cancer Hosptal at Aurangabad as State Level Cancer Research Centre.
- Cancer detection mechins at 253 health institues.
- 31 City Scan Machines to be established in selected 31 Hospital.
- To increase the source of Rajeev Gandhi Jeevandayi Helth Meshion as Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Laboratory at Shindhudurga for treating Mokey Fever.
- Chain Link Fencing to reduce human-wild animal conflict.
- Rs. 332 Cr. for Minority Department.
- Increase in allocation for Woman’s commission.
- Computerization of Public Distribution System.
- Rs. 3 Cr. Every Year for Nirmalwari’
- To start Maharashtra School of Drama of the lives of National School of Drama.