New PAN card application form and documents required for PAN application is notified by Central Board of Direct Taxes as on 23rd December 2013.
Now for new PAN application proof of Identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth is required.
Any one of following listed documents is acceptable as proof of identity for PAN applications:-
1. Elector’s photo identity card
2. Ration card having photograph of the applicant
4. Driving License
5. Arm’s License
6. AADHAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
7. Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or a State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking
8. Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant
9. Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Heath Scheme photo card
10. Certificate of identity in original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer, as the case may be (Click here to know the Format of certificate)
11. Bank certificate in original on letter head from the branch (along with name and stamp of the issuing officer) containing duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant (Click here to know the Format of Bank certificate)
Any one of following listed documents is acceptable as proof of address for PAN applications
1. Electricity bill
2. Landline telephone or broadband connection bill
3. Water bill
4. Consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill
5. Bank Account Statement
6. Depository Account Statement
7. Credit Card Statement
8. Post office pass book having address of the applicant
10. Passport of the spouse
11. Elector’s photo identity card
12. Latest property tax assessment order
13. Driving license
14. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
15. AADHAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
16. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old
17. Property Registration Document
18. Certificate of address signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer, as the case may be (Click here to know the Format of certificate)
19. Employer certificate in original (Click here to know the Format of Employer certificate)
Any one of following listed documents is acceptable as date of birth proof for PAN applications
1. Birth certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955)
2. Pension payment order
3. Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
4. Matriculation certificate
6. Driving license;
7. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
8. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth
Do not confuse with too many documents. Applicant is require to submit one identity proof, one address proof and one date of birth proof. In totally there are only there documents. But if you observe the list properly you will find there are two types of documents which are acceptable for all three purposes i.e. Passport and Driving License. If you
submit passport or driving license along with PAN application you need not require submit any other documents.
Similarly there are two documents listed below which serve both the purposes of proof of identity and proof of address.
1. AADHAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
2. Elector’s photo identity card
If you submit the AADHAR Card or Elector’s photo identity card you have to give any one document of date of proof.
Documents for Minor
In case of minor, proof of identity of the parent or guardian is acceptable as proof of identity of minor child. Similarly, proof of address of the parent or guardian is acceptable as proof of address of the minor child.
Indian Citizen residing outside India
Copy of bank statement in the country of resident or copy of Non-resident External bank account statements shall be the proof of address.
Electricity bill, landline telephone or broadband connection bill, water bill, consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill, bank account statement, depository account statement and credit card statement should not be older than three months.
Procedure for PAN card application
Applicant is required to fill the application Form 49A completely and submit the same in TIN facility center.
You can find nearest TIN Facility center at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-facilities.php.
Fees for PAN Card
If communicating address in India fees is Rs. 105. If Communication address is outside India fees is Rs. 971.