Following are some important point to become a successful merchant exporter.
1. Study the exporter product in detail. Exporter should have the details knowledge of the features of the products, its technical specification, a variety of the product and uses of the product.
2. The merchant exporter should evaluate the supplier/manufacture of in totality. He should develop the good relations with the higher management of the manufacturer.
3. The exporter should not give over and undue importance to the price at the time of placing the order.
4. Your purchase order should be prepared on the basis of the order received from the overseas.
5. Merchant exporter should keep good information of alternative manufacturer / suppliers. Generally he should keep more than one supplier to maintain the consistency of the business and reduce the dependency.
6. Exporter should build the strong system of quality check of the product. Quality is the most important aspect in the international trade. He should always keep the record and sample of the goods exporter.
7. Merchant should keep his knowledge update about the international prices of the products and changes in demand and supply.
8. Strengthen logistics arrangement is very important for merchant exporter. Goods should reach to the buyer in right time and in right conditions. Export documentation should be perfect.
9. Merchant exporter should offer win – win situation to the buyer and supplier. Buyer as well as supplier should remain happy in the trade.
10. The merchant exporter should discuss very categorically about the requirements of the delivery of the goods. He should work out exact flow chart and moment of the goods so that timely delivery is possible.
11. He should remain in regular touch with the shipping line and buyer until the goods delivers.
12. Merchant exporter should be practical should not over commit the delivery date with overseas buyer.